The latest news as they roll-in from newspapers and online media
Jayden Stockley's extra-time header sees Exeter beat League Two rivals Forest Green 2-1 and earn an FA Cup third-round tie with Premier League side West Brom.
Did Mexico nearly lose Juan Carlos Osorio? Will Hector Moreno move this winter? Who will Chivas sign at goalkeeper? Goal summarizes the transfer talk
• Palace manager accepts they will have to keep fighting• We’re still very close to the bottom of the table, adds HodgsonRoy Hodgson has warned his Crystal Palace players against complacency after watching a team who had made the worst start to a top-flight season clamber out of the relegation zone for the first time, and for at least 24 hours, with a dramatic late comeback against Watford. Goals from the substitutes Bakary Sako and James McArthur secured an unlikely 2-1 win and extended Palace’s unbeaten run to six matches, hoisting them out of the bottom three and depositing West Bromwich Albion below the cut-off before Wednesday’s fixtures. Continue reading...
CRISTIANO RONALDO said he is excited at being reunited with Gareth Bale on the pitch - indicating that he wants him to stay at the Bernabeu.
REAL MADRID boss Zinedine Zidane is livid with one condition of the Club World Cup.
JURGEN KLOPP has defended his rotation policy at Liverpool – and could prove his belief in it by resting Mohamed Salah tonight.
TOTTENHAM manager Mauricio Pochettino has joked the club’s new ‘Tunnel Club’ will need blacked-out windows in the wake of the Manchester derby fracas.
PROFESSIONAL, ruthlessly efficient and clinical with the chances that came their way, Chelsea showed their class last night.
ANTONIO CONTE singled out Tiemoue Bakayoko for his starring role in Chelsea’s 3-1 win over Huddersfield this evening.
JOE COLE has noticed one key factor of Eden Hazard’s game that may not get the praise it deserves.
EDEN HAZARD has revealed how Antonio Conte’s tactics helped Chelsea against Huddersfield.
Ashley Barnes grabbed a late winner to send Burnley soaring into fourth place, the team’s highest position in the top flight for 42 years, when they were second in the old First Division in March 1975. Burnley, on 31 points, are now behind only Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City and above Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, for 24 hour at least. Continue reading...
JURGEN KLOPP has revealed the real reason why Mohamed Salah was brought off during the Merseyside derby against Everton.
Hearts overcome Dundee in the Scottish Premiership with a goal either side of the break (UK only).
DIDIER DROGBA believes Mohamed Salah’s confidence is sky-high right now and he has noticed one glaring giveaway.
Chelsea fail in their opening bid!
The Italian had declared the Blues' title defence over after Saturday's defeat to West Ham
Chelsea eye Monaco forward, West Ham target Arsenal midfielder, Juventus defender may favour Chelsea over Red Devils, plus more.
Crystal Palace score two late goals to earn a dramatic over Watford and move out of the Premier League relegation zone for the first time this season.
Now Crystal Palace have hope. How could they not when after spluttering in arrears for almost the entire match, blunted and diminished by an imposing Watford team, they still plucked an improbable win from the jaws of defeat? The din which erupted in the second minute of injury time was a roar to greet the first gasp of air this team have enjoyed above the relegation zone all season. Conviction is flooding back. Continue reading...
Chelsea move level on points with second-placed Manchester United and send Huddersfield to a fifth defeat in six games.
David Moyes will consider offering Jack Wilshere an escape route from Arsenal in January. The 25-year-old is yet to agree an extension on his current Arsenal contract which is set to expire in June.
The Cameroon international has not played since the 3-0 victory at Stoke a fortnight ago after picking up a thigh injury
The 18-year-old has already been the subject of bids from top European clubs, but it would break new ground to see him in Gerardo Martino's team
Keep track of all the latest transfer updates and breaking news, here - in association with Ladbrokes
Chelsea sent scouts to watch the Jamaican impress against Stuttgart last Friday. The 20-year-old set up both goals in the 2-0 win showing his skill and pace in the process.
Conceding the title early can sometimes backfire, and it would have been easy to imagine Antonio Conte’s players lacking the appetite for a wet night in west Yorkshire after hearing their manager admit Manchester City might be uncatchable, yet in the event Chelsea played like champions. Huddersfield were outclassed, indeed a little fortunate not to be embarrassed, once Chelsea got into their smooth, attacking stride. “The best team we’ve seem here all season” was one opinion expressed over the PA at half-time, which is quite a compliment considering City have already been to these parts and won. Continue reading...
Terrible news for Liverpool.
The Abu Dhabi side take on the European and Spanish champions in the semi-final of the competition on Wednesday
Burnley go fourth in the Premier League as Ashley Barnes' late winner gives them victory over determined Stoke at Turf Moor.
Moussa Dembele last night refused to rule out a January move from Celtic. Brighton are weighing up a £20million bid for the 21-year-old next month as they seek to cement their Premier League status.
Will Grigg scores two late goals as Wigan book an FA Cup third round trip to Premier League Bournemouth by beating National League side AFC Fylde 3-2.
A late winner from Ashley Barnes gave Dyche's side a 1-0 win over Stoke City and move them above Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool
He spoke out on the incident.
'We are Chelsea, we are a big club,' reminded Willian after Chelsea's comfortable win over Huddersfield Town
Borussia Dortmund secure their first Bundesliga victory since September with a 2-0 win at Mainz.
The German came under fire for not starting Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho in the Reds' 1-1 draw against Everton
Mourinho was not impressed!
MOUSSA DEMBELE can’t guarantee he will still be at Celtic when the winter transfer window shuts.
He wants proof!
Keep track of all the latest transfer updates and breaking news, here - in association with Ladbrokes
Huddersfield manager David Wagner says his side were unable to "over-perform" against Chelsea as they lose 3-1 to suffer their fifth defeat in six games.
PLUS: Manchester United midfielder in demand while West Ham youngster could be set for exit
The Blues picked up an impressive 3-1 victory with Willian on target on his return to the side
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte says he is "pleased" with his side's response after the disappointment of losing at the weekend.
Alan Pardew will hold his first recruitment meeting at West Bromwich Albion this week and has admitted Liverpool’s Danny Ings is a player he admires.
Goals from Tiemoue Bakayoko, Willian and Pedro wrapped up all three points for Antonio Conte's side on Tuesday
Watford boss Marco Silva says Tom Cleverley's 87th-minute red card was the "key moment" of his side's game at Crystal Palace, with the Eagles scoring twice late on to win 2-1.
• City coach says his team’s celebrations were ‘definitely not’ excessive• United manager questions the ‘education’ at his rival’s clubJosé Mourinho has questioned whether Manchester City’s players have the same “education” as their Manchester United counterparts and insisted the Premier League leaders were to blame for the brawl at Old Trafford that has left the clubs facing the possibility of disciplinary action. Mourinho accused City of showing a lack of respect with what he perceived to be excessive dressing-room celebrations after Sunday’s win and angrily turned on a BBC correspondent for asking whether his club might be punished. “I think you work for another club,” the United manager said, “and not for the press” on another tense day when the deteriorating relationship between the city rivals was laid bare. Continue reading...
MANCHESTER UNITED players have been snapped arriving at the Lowry Hotel ahead of their clash with Bournemouth tomorrow.
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson admits managing his side is "stressful", but says he is enjoying the job after the Eagles score two late goals to beat Watford 2-1.
• Injuries to John Stones and Benjamin Mendy give manager a headache • Guardiola praises team spirit as key to record winning sequencePep Guardiola believes he may have to sign a defender in the January transfer window or Manchester City could be “in trouble”. Benjamin Mendy is recovering from a serious knee problem and will not return before April while John Stones has a pulled hamstring and is unlikely to play before the new year. Guardiola also admits Vincent Kompany is too injury-prone to be relied on, the captain having to be replaced at half-time of the 2-1 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford owing to his latest muscle malady. Continue reading...
PLUS: Exeter see off Forest Green to set up a clash with Premier League West Brom in the third round
Stoke manager Mark Hughes believes Burnley "didn't deserve to win" 1-0 at Turf Moor after a "fantastic" effort from the Potters.
• I took Mo Salah off because he felt the hamstring a little bit, says Klopp• I have 500,000 pieces of information, adds manager in defence of policyMohamed Salah may be next in line for Jürgen Klopp’s rotation policy after the Liverpool manager substituted his leading goalscorer against Everton as a precaution against a hamstring problem. Klopp has defended his decision to make six changes to his starting lineup for Sunday’s derby and to substitute the 19-goal Egypt forward at 1-0. Omitting Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino, Emre Can and Georginio Wijnaldum against Everton was, he said, based on “a little information” from after the 7-0 rout of Spartak Moscow four days earlier. However, Klopp confirmed the two Brazilians “could have played” on Sunday and all four may start the Premier League game at home to West Bromwich Albion on Wednesday. Continue reading...
• ‘Jack Wilshere would be someone who we’d have to look at,’ says Moyes• ‘Transfer window could be the difference between relegation and staying up’David Moyes has declared an interest in Jack Wilshere as West Ham United prepare for a transfer window he believes will be key to them avoiding relegation. Wilshere is likely to be on the Arsenal bench at West Ham on Wednesday night but his future remains unclear as he fights to earn a new contract at the Emirates and a place in England’s World Cup squad. Moyes, who is looking to build on Saturday’s shock win over Chelsea, regards the right January additions as being crucial to staying up. Related: West Ham’s David Moyes spares a thought for displaced Joe Hart Continue reading...
• ‘It’s not needed at the moment because of the position we were in’ • Allardyce returning to Newcastle to face old foe Rafael BenítezSam Allardyce has cancelled Everton’s Christmas party after telling his players their form this season is no cause for celebration. Everton are unbeaten in three matches in all competitions under their new manager, four in total, with the sense of crisis that preceded his appointment eased by a rise to 10th in the Premier League. The manager believes Everton have turned things around before Wednesday night’s visit to Newcastle United, a former employer of his, but with six points separating the team from the relegation zone, and having been knocked out of the Europa League at the group stage, Allardyce believes a Christmas party would be an unwarranted and unwelcome distraction from a demanding festive programme. Continue reading...
The Manchester managers were happy to go on the attack but in doing so were unable accept that, just possibly, both clubs were to blame‘Bye-bye,” José Mourinho said. His press conference had been cut short, he was out of his seat and his voice was not exactly filled with warmth. But then he stopped in the doorway and we were given a tiny glimpse of what Ederson, Manchester City’s goalkeeper, encountered in the labyrinthine corridors of Old Trafford on Sunday evening. “You don’t like Bournemouth, hey?” Mourinho wanted to know of the assembled media. “You don’t respect them? You don’t think they are a team capable of coming to Old Trafford and doing well? No respect for Eddie Howe? No respect for the players?” Continue reading...
• Manager left in limbo by stalled takeover talks at St James’ Park• Newcastle face Everton having taken one point from seven gamesRafael Benítez does not know how much money, if any, he will be allowed to spend during next month’s transfer window and is pressing for clarity, preferably by the weekend. “It’s always helpful if you have information,” said Newcastle United’s manager, whose struggling side have collected only one point from their last seven games and face a tough test against Sam Allardyce’s Everton at St James’ Park on Wednesday night. “Hopefully after Everton we’ll have good news and everybody will be happy. Continue reading...
Pep Guardiola says he apologises if Man City's celebrations offended Man United as a whole, but not if only Jose Mourinho was upset.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho criticises the media for not asking enough questions about Bournemouth in the pre-match news conference.
He thought his team-mate deserved it more!!!
Boss who was in charge during the Gunners' own Battle of the Buffet at Old Trafford praises wrestlers' respect for opponents
Boss criticised for not starting Philippe Coutinho and Roberto Firmino vs Everton to tinker again when West Brom visit
England strikers with 15 years between them will be out to impress Gareth Southgate at Old Trafford on Wednesday
Side hosting Everton on Wednesday were hot stuff in September but have gone cold as the winter weather in recent weeks
You can party when we're clear of relegation says Big Sam, before double-header against strugglers Newcastle and Swansea
Scot says his strugglers would be in the mix for the England midfielder and fellow World Cup hopeful Olivier Giroud
Leaders' post-match party led to ugly scenes between the bitter rivals but their manager denies they were asking for it
Manager who was in prickly mood during press conference lasting less than seven minutes contrasted Blues' reaction to winning at Old Trafford on Sunday with how his own team behaved after beating Arsenal away last week
Seagulls head to Wembley without a win in five but have Spurs manager's full attention PLUS: New Toby Alderweireld blow
The defender will head west, with the Montreal Impact receiving two players LAFC selected in the expansion draft earlier Tuesday
CHELSEA boss Antonio Conte admitted he was disappointed his side could not keep a clean sheet in the 3-1 win over Huddersfield.
CRYSTAL PALACE came back from the dead last night and, with two goals in three minutes overturned luckless Watford.
Burnley boss Sean Dyche says "it's important the fans have dreams" following their 1-0 victory over Stoke which sees the Clarets move into fourth place in the Premier League.
Glenn Hoddle's face tells the story as Jermaine Jenas pulls out Everton to face Liverpool
Crystal Palace 2 Watford 1: Bakary Sako smashed home an 89th-minute equaliser before James McArthur slotted home the winner in the second minute of stoppage time
He was in great form!
CHELSEA bounced back from Saturday's defeat to West Ham with a comfortable 3-1 win at Huddersfield, but who impressed for the Blues?
Hearts move up to fifth following a second league win at Tynecastle this season as Isma Goncalves and Christophe Berra score to defeat Dundee.
ROBERT PIRES has urged Arsenal star Olivier Giroud to hold talks with Arsene Wenger as he grows concerned about the striker’s future.
Peterborough's Jack Marriott scores twice as they shake off non-league Woking 5-2 to reach the FA Cup third round.
Chelsea bounced back from defeat against West Ham to resume winning ways against insipid Huddersfield Town Read Paul Wilson’s match report 10.00pm GMT Paul Wilson braved the rain and cold at the John Smith’s Stadium for the Guardian and here is the on-the-whistle report he typed with his frozen fingers. Related: Chelsea bounce back with comfortable win over Huddersfield Town 9.57pm GMT Huddersfield stay mid-table: Defeat for Huddersfield leaves them in 12th place, a highly respectable position but just five points off the drop. Continue reading...
PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN defender Thomas Meunier has given a big transfer nod to Manchester United on Twitter.
CHELSEA travel to Huddersfield looking to bounce back from Saturday’s defeat to West Ham. Follow the action LIVE with Express Sport.
Will he go on to become a Chelsea legend?
Tiemoue Bakayoko, Willian and Pedro grabbed the goals as Chelsea produced a dominant display to grab all three points against Huddersfield